SAFE ENVIRONMENT TRAINING – “A PLAN TO PROTECT GOD’S CHILDREN FOR ADULTS”
This program will teach steps that can be taken to prevent child sexual abuse such as:
- Facts and myths about child sexual abuse
- How offenders gain access to children
- Warning signs to look for in children, or adults
- Why monitoring and screening of volunteers is so important
Before taking this training, you are requested to review the newly published Diocese of Phoenix Policies and Procedures for the Protection of Minors. At the training, you will be asked to sign a document stating that you have reviewed and understand this policy. To view this document, please click here. (Large – may be slow to load.)
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR “CALLED TO PROTECT”?
- Click this link: www.safeenvironmenttraining.org
- Find the class location and time that will work for you.
- Click on the link to the right: Register for Classes
- Type in your first name, then your last. Type in your street address only.
- Click on submit
- The next screen will ask for more information for you to complete
- At the bottom of this page click on Update and Continue. now you are registered for the class.
To view and print a copy of the Code of Ethics and Volunteer Application Form, please click here.
I HAVE ALREADY TAKEN THE SESSION “CALLED TO PROTECT FOR MINISTRIES OR A PLAN TO PROTECT GOD’S CHILDREN FOR ADULTS”
For those of you who have taken the session “Called to Protect or A Plan to Protect God’s Children for Adults”, the diocesan policy for refreshing your SET training is as follows:
- Volunteers dealing directly with children, St. Vincent de Paul and Ministry of Care must update (renew) every year.
- All other volunteers and/or members in any OLPH organization, every 2 years.
The 2012-2013 renewal class is titled Reporting: What You Need to Know. Please go online at www.safeenvironmenttraining.org and follow these instructions:
- Click on My Obligations.
- Type in your first name.
- Type in your last name.
- Type in your street address only.
- Click on Search.
- Verify your personal information and update if necessary.
- Scroll down the screen and click on Update Information and Continue.
- In red letters, you will see Classes you are currently required to take.
Please complete the above mentioned class and you will automatically up updated on the Diocesan database. If you do not have a computer, please call Theresa at (480) 874-3710 to make other arrangements.
Policy & Procedure for Safe Environment
A copy of the Diocese of Phoenix Policy and Procedures for the Protection of Minors is available in the parish front office or by visiting www.safeenvironmenttraining.org and selecting the “Policy & Procedures link.
The Diocese of Phoenix encourages anyone who has been a victim of sexual, physical or emotional abuse by any clergy, employee or volunteer of the Roman Catholic Church to contact the police. In addition, the Diocese of Phoenix provides support services through its Office of Child and Youth Protection (602-354-2396).
Please continue to pray for the end of all abuse and a greater respect of the dignity of the human person.